We’ve recently been looking at crime hotspots in suburbs surrounding Sydney. While it is never possible to predict exactly which buildings will be burgled or stolen from … and it certainly never pays to become complacent … if you find that you are in a hotspot area, you know that extended security strategies are definitely appropriate for you. Today we go to the police statistics for Blacktown, Sydney, and find out which houses can most benefit from CCTV camera systems, back to base alarms and alarm monitoring services.
Break and Enter – Dwelling
There are substantial portions of the Blacktown local government area covering entire suburbs which have significant numbers of break and enters each year. The following areas all show up as red, or having the highest density of break and enters, in the Blacktown area. Back to base alarms and some serious fortification of homes is definitely recommended:
- The entire suburbs of Shalvey, Bidwill, Oakhurst, Dharruk, Emerton, and Tregear
- The southwest portion of Hassal Grove, especially south of Luxford Road
- Portions of Whalan north of Woodstock Ave
- Streets bordered by Woodstock Ave to the north, Carlisle Ave to the west, Luxford Rd to the south and Francis Rd to the east in Mt Druitt.
- The portions of Doonside south of the railway line, and the corresponding portion of Woodcroft bordered by the railway line to the south, Knox Rd to the west, Richmond Rd to the north and Lyon St to the east.
Break and Enter – Non Dwelling and Robbery
Business crime centres around the following hotspots in the Blacktown local government area. Business crime is best deterred by CCTV camera systems in conjunction with back to base alarms. Back to base alarms fitted in the following area of Blacktown government area should also have panic buttons installed to deter robberies.
- The Westfield Mt Druitt area, including surrounding shops
- Shops surrounding the Doonside train station
- Any buildings in the Shalvey area bordered by Peter Van Hasselt Park to the South and the vacant area to the north.
- Any buildings and shops in the Blacktown train station area
- Buildings and shops in the area of Lethbridge Park where Palmyra Ave, Luxford Rd, Copeland Rd and Hatherton Road intersect
- All shops in and surrounding the Emerton Village shopping centre
Steal from Dwelling
This slightly different crime category has the same effect as a break and enter – something is stolen from private property. However, the crime may have been committed by somebody known to the residents, or a door or window may have been left unlocked so no ‘breakage’ was necessary. The area basically mirror those for break and enters however, and are centred around:
- The entire suburbs of Bidwill, Willmot, Whalan, Dharruk, Hebersham, Blackett and Tregear
- The streets bordered by the Great Western Hwy, Mamre Rd, the Western Motorway and Bennett Road in the St Marys area
- Streets in Doonside to the south of the railway line, bordered by Lancaster/Lyon St to the east, Bungarribee Rd to the south and Doonside Rd to the West.
Back to base alarms are the most effective way for people living in these areas of the Blacktown local government area to protect their homes and families. For businesses, CCTV camera systems add an additional layer of protection, and panic buttons allow a quick response by the alarm monitoring service without the need for intervening phone calls. Get the installation process started before you become another of the many statistic in these areas of Blacktown!