Why Get a Security System? Crime in North Sydney
In terms of home security, North Sydney is quite a unique area. Over 70% of residents here live in flats, units or apartments, meaning that North Sydney security systems have to be designed very differently, and different strategies for both personal and household safety need to be examined.
And there is little doubt in this big, anonymous and impersonal city that a North Sydney security system is needed. Even households renting their home should consider a portable wireless home alarm system with monitoring, considering the following hotspots for break and enters and property crime:
- The entire suburbs of Neutral Bay and Lavender Bay
- All streets south of the Pacific Highway (and streets above, though these are in a different jurisdiction), especially those bordered by Canberra Ave and Russel Street to the west and Hazelbank Road to the south
- Streets in the north eastern part of Crows Nest, bordered by the Warringah Freeway to the north and west, and to the east of Willoughby Road and Alexander St, and north of Ernest St.
- The north eastern corner of Waverton in the streets surrounding Waverton train station
Note that these are only the worst crime hotspots in North Sydney. The entire local government area shows up as red, orange or yellow (with red being the highest density of break and enters) according to the New South Wales Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research.
In 2010, THERE WERE 328 BREAK AND ENTERS to HOMES IN NORTH SYDNEY.
There were also 128 cases of stealing from a dwelling, and 502 cases of malicious damage to property in this single year. If you don’t want to join the majority of North Sydney homes in experiencing a break-in, potential injury to your family and loss of your most treasured, it’s time to install a North Sydney security system.
North Sydney Community Safety Initiatives
North Sydney council has created a range of initiatives which work together with your North Sydney security system, including:
- A program which helps residents balance the needs of your North Sydney security system against fire evacuation needs. Get in touch with them before you plan your North Sydney home alarm.
- Residential security assessments available through your council. These are tailored assessments of how you can best support your North Syndey security system with other strategies..
- Stanton Library maintenance as a designated safety house for children who feel threatened at any time
With such high property crime rates in such a small area, it is no surprise that the council takes safety seriously. The last Community Safety Plan was written in 2006 and is due to be updated. Once you’ve protected yourself with a North Sydney security system, get in touch with the council if you have ideas to help others!
Suggested Instructions for North Sydney Security System Owners
After installation of your North Sydney security system, your first task is to set instructions for your monitoring company if there is an activation. The best and safest instructions to set are:
- We call the police – an officer from either the North Sydney station or elsewhere in the Harbourside LAC will respond.
- A Pacific Security Technology guard is dispatched immediately also to protect your family and secure the scene
- One of our office staff will notify you of the activation on your contact numbers.
North Sydney is an amazing place to live, right in the centre of the action. A North Sydney security system can ensure that the action stops at your front door and your home remains a sanctuary – call today for a FREE quote!