Why Get a Security System? Crime in Woollahra
Historic, leafy and convenient to the CBD, Woollahra is a beautiful suburb to drive around. Unfortunately, appearances can be deceiving and many homes in Woollahra are statistically more likely to be broken into than homes in most other local government areas.
If you live in one of the danger areas of this pretty suburb, we highly recommend a Woollahra security system:
- The entire suburbs of Paddington, Darlinghurst and Double Bay
- The northern edge of Woollahra (the suburb) is a substantial risk for break and enters, while the southern half of the suburb is an extreme risk.
- All of Point Piper
- All streets in Bellevue Hill which run directly onto Bellevue Rd
- Areas of Bellevue Hill between Cooper Park, Bellevue Park and Woollahra Oval
In 2010, THERE WERE 275 BREAK AND ENTERS to HOMES IN WOOLLAHRA.
There were also 195 cases of stealing from a dwelling, and 500 cases of malicious damage to property. Woolahra security system could have helped preserve family’s sanity, sense of safety and stress levels, as well as saving money and time in almost all of these cases. Prepare now!
Woollahra Community Safety Initiatives
Woollahra Council has an explicit and well developed Crime Prevention and Community Safety Plan, with lots of tools and programs you can use to support your Woollahra security system. Contact your council about:
- Their Home Safety and Personal Security Tip sheet
- The ‘Safe Party’ pack
- A Victim Education program, if you did not have a Woollahra security system and have already been burgled
- Forced entry awareness programs for people living in units, with tips and advice
Suggested Instructions for Woollahra Security System Owners
- If you’ve decided to install a Woollahra security system, there’s just one more essential step to securing your home – leave instructions for your monitoring company on what to do if the alarm is activated.
The following are best and safest practices:
- After 30 seconds grace, the monitoring company contacts you.
- If a break in is confirmed or there is no answer, we contact the Paddington or Rose Bay police station.
- A guard is also dispatched from the monitoring company HQ to help secure the scene, protect your home and family.
- We’ll continue trying to contact you until we reach you.
Woollahra is a very convenient place to live, and a place of calm appearance. Having your own Woollahra security system installed helps ensure the appearance matches up to reality – get your FREE quote today!