Why Get a Security System? Holroyd Crime Hotspots
Looking over the local government area of Holroyd, there are some areas relatively untouched by property crime and Holroyd security system activations. However, a large section in the north east corner of this local government area is a favourite with burglars and robbers.
We strongly recommend that you install a Holroyd security system as soon as possible if you live in any of the following areas:
- The entire suburbs of Holroyd and Merrylands
- Merrylands West, between Cumberland Hwy and Burnett St
- South Wentworthville, in the area bordered by the Cumberland Hwy, Centenary Road, The Great Western Hwy and Currong St
- Greystanes, in the streets surrounding Darling Street Park, Bathurst St Park and the Golf Club
- Pemulwuy, in the streets bordered by Greystanes Rd to the east and the green belt to the west and south.
In 2010, THERE WERE 947 BREAK AND ENTERS to HOMES IN HOLROYD.
There were also 237 cases of stealing from a dwelling, and 992 cases of malicious damage to property. A Holroyd security system in these homes would have helped residents feel more secure and protected, and helped avoid paying an insurance excess.
If you’re the owner of one of the beautiful 19th century houses that Holroyd is known for, you’ll be especially concerned about protecting your property with a Holroyd security system. In your case, new for old replacement simply wouldn’t be worthwhile. We recommend having a siren on your Holroyd security system for best deterrence.
Holroyd Community Safety Initiatives
Holroyd City Council has an excellent safety and crime prevention website, Safety Street, accessible through their ordinary Community Safety page.
The website is a fantastic reminder of all the security tips we talk about. However, the council leaves most of the onus on homeowners to keep themselves safe, and offers few strategies for forced entry prevention. A Holroyd security system fitted to your home remains best practice, especially if you’re in one of the high risk areas mentioned above.
Suggested Instructions for Holroyd Security System Owners
The first task after installing and programming your Holroyd security system is to instruct Pacific Security Technology in what you want done in case of activation. For most Holroyd security system activations, we will:
- Immediately dispatch a guard from our headquarters, which are only a few streets away from most homes in Holroyd
- Alert the police to your Holroyd security system activation. The Merrylands station will respond.
- Phone your nominated number to tell you about the activation, unless we have already phoned the same number to confirm that this is not an accidental activation.
Holroyd is a lovely area blending history and modernity. A state of the art Holroyd security system will allow you to truly enjoy it – get your FREE quote today!