Why Get a Security System? Crime in Rockdale
Rockdale is a cosy, family-oriented suburb – the kind of place where many Sydneysiders are happily raising their kids. While most of the Rockdale area is relatively untouched by property crime, there are some areas of extreme vulnerability. If you live in any of the following sections of Rockdale, you should be looking into Rockdale security system options immediately:
- The central Rockdale area surrounding the train station. Homes in the streets joining onto Watkin St, Bay St, Harrow Rd, Bryant St, Railway St and immediately adjacent to the Princes Hwy are in a major break and enter hotspot according to the Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research
- Homes south of Henson Street and the Women’s Sports Fields in Brighton Le Sands, down to President Ave in the south
- Homes in Banksia bordered by Forest Rd in the north, Wolli Creek Rd, Kimpton St, Railway Street and Mount Street
- All homes in streets adjacent to the Broadford Street Reserve in Bexley North
- Streets in Sans Souci east of Rocky Point Rd, bordered by Sandringham St in the south and Ramsgate Rd in the norh
In 2010, THERE WERE 337 BREAK AND ENTERS to HOMES IN ROCKDALE.
There were also 113 cases of stealing from a dwelling, and 887 cases of malicious damage to property in which a Rockdale security system could have further protected a family’s goods, improved their security or helped catch an offender.
Rockdale Community Safety Initiatives
Crime has a minimal impact on most homes in Rockdale, and as such the local council’s safety initiatives to complement your Rockdale security system are limited.
Take advantage of these crime prevention and safety tools provided by council, but remember that your Rockdale security system is the most important element in your plan!
- CCTV camera systems in strategic locations around Rockdale, generally in business districts
- Environmental design initiatives to reduce the likelihood of crime
- Council checklists for making your house, your unit or your business safer. These are accessible via the website or in person.
Suggested Instructions for Rockdale Security System Owners
The first task you need to compelte after having your Rockdale security system installed is to give your monitoring company instructions to follow in the event of its activation.
It has been proven that the following plan for Rockdale security system activation offers the best chance of securing your property:
- After 30 seconds, we call your nominated contact number
- If a response to the alarm activation is required, we immediately call the St George police station.
- As the office staff make this report, a guard is immediately dispatched to come protect your family and your home
- We will continue to attempt to contact you if we haven’t yet spoken to you
Living in Rockdale should feel friendly, fun, family-oriented, neighbourly … and safe. Keep that feeling close with a Rockdale security system for your home – get your FREE quote today!